Thursday, July 2, 2009

Less than a week!

Hello all! Welcome to my mission blog! When I decided to make a blog for my trip to Guatemala, I thought I would just create a personal blog that I can continue using after all my efforts connected with my mission trip are finished. So if you'd like you can keep visiting this blog for a while!

As the time to leave for Guatemala nears I am scrambling to get everything together. I wonder if other missionaries like the apostle Paul were also great procrastinators? If so, I'm in good company! I'm still trying to put together arts and crafts projects for the children to do, I'm brushing up my Spanish, going shopping (I love to buy bug spray. It's like buying a machine gun to take on the insect world!), and I'm also continuing to pray. Please keep me in your prayers as well. I need focus and courage! And also, as always, humility.

And what do you think about Luke 24:32? Isn't it an awesome verse! In everything we do we ALL are walkers on the same path of life, and there is a third beside us, even if we cannot call Him by name. We feel the Truth burning within our hearts. The Fire that causes our hearts to burn is what draws us all together in love and hope. We are together on this path! And because of that we must all be missionaries, which is to say, active witnesses to this Fire and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment