Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Coming Home

"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
~Benjamin Disraeli

After two weeks spent in a completely new kind of journey, I am back in the familiar surroundings of New Hampshire. Coming home has been the occasion for just as much learning as when I was in Guatemala. The whole, confused experience is now starting to be sorted into the various pockets of my understanding. I am undoubtedly forgetting some things and starting to remember others in a new light. As I begin to get some kind of grasp of my journey I hope to try to communicate to you all what it was like. I do hope that people will be interested in sharing this with me, for it was an experience so full of hope and grace!

I am going to begin looking through my pictures and will soon put many of them online. I also will begin posting journal entries that I wrote throughout my mission trip. Whatever I write now will bear the mark of a continuing reflection, but these older journal entries were written on-site and have the freshness of immediate recollection. Please keep checking my blog for updates! I would love, love, love to hear your reactions, questions and random thoughts. Thank you once again for your prayers; I am not exaggerating when I say that I could feel their presence in Guatemala. I have never been as convinced of God's grace in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Great Disraeli quote! Look forward to reading the posted journal entries of the ones you wrote while you were there....

    ReplyDelete